Schedule an A/C Tune-Up + Check Out in Mount Washington, OH
We are dedicated to ensuring residents of the Greater Cincinnati area’s home cooling equipment stays in good running condition for many years to come. Mount Washington Heating & Cooling provides A/C maintenance services to verify your central air system is working correctly and operating effortlessly for future years without inevitable A/C issues or shutdowns.
List of Important A/C Maintenance Tasks
The following are tasks our NATE-certified HVAC technicians perform when visiting your home:
- Ensuring sufficient airflow throughout your home
- Standard thermostat testing.
- Check out of various components.
- Checking and clearing system for dirt, mold, and other debris.
- Clear clogs and drain lines.
- Cleaning and replacing the air filter if necessary.
- Ensuring safety by testing A/C safety controls throughout the system.
- Inspecting and cleaning the A/C blower motor to prevent overheating.
- Checking pressure switches to ensure the system is properly operating.
- Review all the air ductwork and seal any air leaks.
- Inspect all the electrical parts of the system.
- Clean air conditioner evaporator coils and condensers.
- Check and charge home cooling system refrigerant levels.
- Replace any tattered pulleys or belts.
- Lubricate various moving components.
- Check ignition sequence and pilot assembly
- Check flame sensor or thermocouple
- Check burner flame
- Check humidifier and air cleaner
- Check heat exchanger
- Check for proper venting
- Check fan control
- Check safety device and electrical wiring
- Check blower amp draw
- Check belt (tension adjustment)
- Check operation sequence
- Check gas valve
- Check and inspect the circuit board
- Lubricate all accessible moving parts
- Check for overall safe operation
- Carbon monoxide safety test
General Air Conditioning Questions & Answers
If I change my A/C air filters regularly, what else should I do?
Located within home cooling systems and residential heat pumps are two types of coils: an outdoor condenser coil and an evaporator coil. Depending on their location, these two coils can get pretty filthy and even cause clogs over time by anything, including tobacco smoke, dirt, dust, pet hair, bacteria, and rust. In addition, these particles can cause damage such as deterioration, erosion, and even cause your A/C to malfunction. Therefore, receiving regular service and cleanings for these coils is essential and recommended at least once a year. If you haven’t already done so, it is time to give your local HVAC contractor a phone call. If you can’t seem to remember the last time your system’s coils we serviced and cleaned, chances are it’s due time.
What happens if I don’t have my air conditioner serviced?
Your air conditioner will become less energy efficient when your unit is neglected for its yearly maintenance services and tune-ups. In due course, your air conditioner will begin to suffer from extra stress and lead to inevitable, costly issues and damages, or even worse, a complete breakdown. Therefore, we strongly encourage homeowners to stay proactive on their home comfort equipment at Mount Washington Heating & Cooling. Your equipment is expensive, so don’t risk losing money and your unit’s warranty by neglecting your air conditioner’s maintenance.
How much does expert home cooling services cost?
Typically, the average rate of annual maintenance services with the competition can run anywhere between $150 to $400. Luckily, our professionals at Mount Washington Heating & Cooling have the opportunity to save you money on maintenance services in the Greater Cincinnati and Mount Washington areas. We offer special discounts, online deals, and even a chance to enroll in a Service Maintenance Agreement.